The company was founded as a wholesale company in 1957 by Margaret and Adolf Haaga and renamed into Kunstsstofffabrik Haaga in 1960. The former headquarters of the company was in Gauting, a suburb of Munich. It started out with a Reiffenhäuser installment and for that that time, still immature technology in manufacturing tubular films.
In the following years, further production equipment was installed and the procedure technology matured.
At the end of the 70's the limit of spatial possibilities was reached which is why the warehouse capacities had to be greatly expanded. In 1990 the Kunststofffabrikation Haaga GmbH took over the business activity of the single firm. Karl Haaga became managing director. Later the business was renamed into the now current name Haaga Folien GmbH.
1996 Adolf Haaga offered the property in Angerweg in Gauting for sale which meant that new headquarters had to be found. After intensive search, an ideally suitable real estate was found in the north of Germany, the current headquarters. Here, the company already had three times the size, in comparison to the previous location. The positive business development at the new location let the enterprise grow further, so that in 2011 it had to be increased. Today, eleven extrusion blow machines for all widths of 10 to 1200 mm, and various assembly machines are available.
Production takes place in fully air-conditioned areas with monitored air quality in order to meet the qualitatively highest requirements. The films and film products are manufactured in the best quality and maximum cleanliness for industry, for packaging of medical devices, for the semiconductor industry and trade.
Managing Directors today are Karl Haaga and Moritz Haaga.